Min: 2 People
Chocolate lovers would you like to know more about this wonderful ingredient?
This is your chance to discover the origins, history and preparation of cacao and the chocolate of Modica, the result of a tradition that can be traced back to the 16th Century.
The lesson will take place in a grand villa in Modica, home of a little chocolate-making workshop where the class will be held.
The lesson will begin with the theory, lasting about 30-40 minutes and covering the origins, history, and nutritional properties of chocolate, how cacao is processed and how the chocolate of Modica is made, by hand, with a traditional method passed down the generations. You will be able to see the prime ingredients, help with the chocolate-making process, and taste the final products!
You will then have the chance to get your hands dirty and make your own chocolate bar to take home with you. At the end of the lesson you will receive a certificate of participation.
A workshop for adults and children, awakening all 5 of your senses to a world of colours, smells and flavours!
Duration: approx. 2 hours.
What is included
- Required clothing for working inside the workshop (gown, cap, overshoes).
- Molds and packaging necessary for making your chocolate bar.
- Tasting of the products.
- Free parking.
- Certificate of participation.
- Everything that is not specified in the "include".
How to reach us
- Casa Ciomod, Via Nazionale Modica Ispica, 97015 Modica RG.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 20% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash, by debit card or by credit card on the day.
- Please communicate any allergies or food intolerances beforehand.
- The amount paid at the time of booking is under no circumstances reimbursable.
Visit Ragusa: visit of a chocolate shop and chocolate workshop in Modica, Ragusa
Sicily / Ragusa
Pastry in Sicily
Cooking Classes in Sicily