Min: 2 People
If you are a lover of Sicilian pâtisseries and you want to discover the secrets of one of the most famous sweets, then this is an unmissable cooking class for you! During the class you'll learn to prepare and glaze the original Sicilian 'cassata', a traditional pâtisserie made with ricotta, sponge cake, marzipan and candied fruit.
You will be hosted in a welcoming artisan workshop where you will be given all the necessary equipment, apron and utensils included. The pâtisserie maestro Salvatore Garro will introduce you to the Sicilian 'cassata' and will reveal all the little secrets that make this classic sweet turn out just perfectly. After this you will prepare all the ingredients that make up the 'cassata', as per tradition.
At the end of the class each participant will receive a certificate of participation, and you'll be able to take away one of the sweets prepared during the lesson!
You will be offered a light break of snacks and a drink at the end of the class.
Duration: 4-5 hours
What is included
- Pâtisserie class.
- Apron to wear during the lesson.
- All necessary equipments and utensils.
- Coffee break.
- A prepared sweet.
- 10% discount off other pâtisseries.
- Everything else that is not specified in the "included".
How to reach us
- Berry Cakes, Via Carlo Forlanini 2/F, Syracuse.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 20% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash on the day.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances.
Syracuse cooking classes: the best way to learn how to make the Cassata
Sicily / Syracuse
Pastry in Sicily
Cooking Classes in Sicily