Min: 1 Person
If you love bikes and want to visit Mount Etna, the towns of Etna, the Gorges of Alcantara and Taormina, this tour is for you. You will experience a week between the sea and the mountains, including climbs towards the summit of Mount Etna and downhill rides to the sea of Taormina.
Day 1: Arrival at Nicolosi, briefing, handover of bikes and information material.
Day 2: First move by bus to Rifugio Sapienza. Your chance to visit the craters of Etna and return cycling to Nicolosi (Length: About 23 km. Difficulty: Easy).
Day 3: From Nicolosi and following secondary roads you will reach the Nature Reserve of the Lava Gorges of Simeto, gorges carved by the river in the basalt lava flows of Etna. Beyond Simeto, the landscape of pistachios will herald your arrival in Bronte. (Length: About 49 km. Difficulty: Medium).
Day 4: A few more kilometres and you will arrive at Maniace, a small town where you can visit the famous Castle of Horation Nelson and the Abbey of Santa Maria di Maniace. Continuing on secondary roads in the afternoon you will reach Randazzo, with its medieval town centre. (Length: About 40 km. Difficulty: Medium).
Day 5: Leaving Randazzo you will take the "Wine Route of Etna", where you will be able to stop for some wine tasting and local products. After a short visit to the historic centre of Castiglione di Sicilia, you will take an off-road track to the Alcantara Gorges, a spectacular canyon carved out by the river over the centuries. (Length: About 50 km. Difficulty: Easy).
Day 6: A few more kilometres, some uphill, and you will arrive in Taormina, the pearl of the Ionian. (Length: About 20 km. Difficulty: Easy).
Day 7: Leaving Taormina and accompanied by a breathtaking view, you will head downhill towards Acireale, with a visit to the old town and its Baroque palaces. Next stop is the nature reserve "La Timpa" near the coast. Return to Acireale and end of the tour. (Length: About 35 km. Difficulty: Easy).
Day 8: After breakfast end of service or possible transfer to the airport / train station of Catania.
Service: sports guide, roadside assistance and daily transfer of luggage, half board in a 3* hotel or B&B.
Extras: At time of purchase you may select half board option (dinner at your accommodation).
Bike Rental: If you do not have your own bike, you can select bike rental at the time of purchase.
Pick-up: From your accommodation in the town of Nicolosi (Catania).
Transfer: At time of purchase you may request transfer to / from the airport of Catania.
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation in a B&B or 3* hotel. Daily transfer of luggage, insurance, breakfast. Detailed maps, road book with the description of the routes and telephone support 24 hours a day.
- Half board (dinner) selectable during purchase.
- Bike rental selectable during purchase.
- Everything that is not specified in the "includes".
How to reach us
- Pick-up from your accommodation in the town of Nicolosi (Catania). At the time of purchase it is possible to request the transfer service to / from the airport of Catania.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation it is required a prepayment of 15% of the total. The remaining balance must be paid by bank transfer 10 days before the start date of the service.
- The tour may be modified and/or cancelled due to "force majeure" such as bad weather conditions.
- Withdrawal allowed up until the final payment.
Tour Sicily holidays - Organize a Nature tour in Sicily and discover the fantastic offers of Bike Tours on sicilying.com
Sicily / Mount Etna
Bike Tours in Sicily
Nature in Sicily