Min: 1 Person
This tour starts from the Cyclops Riviera and will be one of the most memorable rides of your life. You will cycle around 65km, passing Catania's seafront, the fishing villages of Aci Castello and Aci Trezza, before then starting the harder part of the route: an ascent on tarmacked secondary roads and dirt roads, going through some of the towns of Etna before reaching Piano Provenzana at an altitude of 1820m asl. Here you will stop for a break and to enjoy the stunning landscape, or if you still have some energy you could continue on up to the Volcanological Observatory at 2800m! The return back down to the Cyclops Riviera will be much simpler and faster, almost all downhill!
Being a route with tracts with a gradient of up to 30%, it is a ride recommended only for trained cyclists. The hard pedalling will reward you with the beauty of the coast and the roads of the province of Catania, the old fishing village of Aci Trezza, known for its rock stacks and it being the place of the Malavoglia by Giovanni Verga, as well as the stunning landscapes of Etna.
The tour is designed to allow your transfer and return directly to your accommodation on the Cyclops Riviera, between Acireale and Giardini Naxos. If your accommodation is not on the Cyclops Riviera, you can request as an extra a pick-up from your departure point.
Route length: approximately 65 km
Max gradient: on the ascent there are parts of 7% gradient.
Elevation gain: 600 m.
Departure: 9:00 am
Mountain bike rental and helmet: included.
What is included
- Bike rental
- Everything that is not specified in the "included".
- Fall/Winter: trainers, jacket, sports clothes.
- Spring/Summer: trainers, shorts and a T-shirt.
How to reach us
- The tour is designed to allow your transfer and return directly to your accommodation on the Cyclops Riviera, between Acireale and Giardini Naxos. If your accommodation is not on the Cyclops Riviera, you can request as an extra a pick-up from your departure point.
Booking terms and conditions
- In order to make the reservation it is necessary to make an advance payment of the full amount.
- The duration of the tour depends on the physical ability of the cyclist. When necessary (in cases of excessive fatigue, sickness or overestimation of your capacity) it will be possible to shorten the tour and route. In the case of adverse weather conditions which do not allow for the carrying out of the tour, you will be able to arrange another date directly with the organiser. If it is not possible to find another date you will be reimbursed that amount already paid.
- In the case of withdrawal 20% of the amount paid at the time of booking will be retained by us as a cancellation fee.
Biking in Sicily, an half day tour to discover mount etna by Mtb from catania coast
Sicily / Mount Etna
Bike Tours in Sicily
Nature in Sicily