Min: 1 Person
Welcome to Catania, the only city in Italy that is located on a lava cliff overlooking the sea. In order to help you discover Catania’ s beautiful coastline and marine ecosystem, Sicilying has arranged a diving course for beginners.
Each dive will give you the chance to admire the stunning black cliffs plunging into the sea and discover the charm of the marine ecosystem with its ancient and solidified lava rocks.
How does the course work? It combines 6 lessons with a final exam, 2 dives in shallow waters and/or swimming pool and 4 open water dives.
When booking, there is the chance to decide the starting time of your first lesson, while the places and times of the following lessons will be agreed with the instructors. In addition, this course allows you the maximum flexibility: the Open Water Diver course can in fact last from six days to one month, depending on your availability.
At the end of the course the students who pass the exam will receive the SSI licence.
What is included
- Open Water Diver Course.
- 6 lessons with a final exam, 2 dives in shallow waters and / or swimming pool and 4 open water dives.
- Highly qualified and certified SSI instructors will hold the course.
- Diving equipment supplied: teaching kit, cylinder of 10, 15 or 18 litres (according to the needs of the diver and the type of dive he will perform).
- Gav, regulator, diving suit (wet or semi-dry, according to the period of the course), shakers, fins and ballast.
- Everything that is not specified in the "included".
Booking terms and conditions
- An advance payment of 20% of the total amount is required for the reservation. When booking, there is the chance to decide the starting time of your first lesson, which will be held at the meeting point, while the place and time of the following lessons will be agreed with the instructor.
- The minimum duration of the course is six days, while the maximum is one month.
- The minimum age of participation is 14 years; children younger then 10 years old, must have the authorization of at least one of their parents or legal guardian, and must be accompanied at the meeting point by an adult.
- In case of adverse weather conditions, it will be possible to re-schedule one or more lessons. The course, in this case, will take more than six days. If you have no chance to postpone the lessons, you will receive a discount on the balance still to be paid, in proportion to the classes missed.
- You will not be able though to achieve the SSI licence.
- Once the experience has been completed, it is not allowed to take a plane in the following 12h.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances. The withdrawal is allowed within 48 hours before the course beginning.
Diving Sicily holidays - Organize a Sport & Adventure tour in Sicily and discover the fantastic offers of Diving on sicilying.com
Sicily / Catania
Diving in Sicily
Sport & Adventure in Sicily