Min: 2 People
You will reach one of the most ancient sides of the volcano following some old off-road trails.
Then, after a short trek along the forest, you will get to Valle del Bove where you will enjoy some of the most breathtaking scenery of the entire Sicily.
You can choose between a half or full-day tour.
If you opt for the half-day excursion, you will visit the Valle del Bove and make a fascinating climb down the volcano and finally taste some local products in the woods. You will visit also a Lava Cave and you will discover old lava flows and ancient forests.
If you prefer the full day excursion, in addition to the route described above, you will visit a winery, where you will be offered a light lunch with typical products from the Etna Mount. You will then make a stop in Zafferana, where you will visit the place where the volcano erupted back in 1992 and watch the resulting lava rocks after solidification and cooling. You will then taste the famous honey from Zafferana and in some other tasty delicacies. During summer, the visit to Zafferana will be replaced by a visit to the Alcantara gorges where you can admire the old lava that thousand of years ago created these famous gorges and ravines.
The tour takes place on a Jeep in non-exclusive use. The Jeep can accommodate up to 8 people.
Half Day Tour Duration: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
Full Day Tour Duration: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
Free pick-up from Catania.
Upon booking, you can also ask the pick-up service from Taormina, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni as an Extra.
What is included
- Half or full day Jeep Tour.
- Pick-up at your Hotel/house. By choosing the full-day option you will be offered: a light lunch in the cellar with a wine tasting and typical Sicilian food; During winter time you will also enjoy some honey tasting in Zafferana while in summer you will visit the Alcantara Gorges. By choosing the half-day tour, the wine and local product tasting is included.
- Everything that is not specified in the "included"
- During winter, the climate is pretty harsh, so we strongly suggest that you wear proper clothing and shoes to prevent the cold and be protected against extreme weather condition, such as rain or snow. If you do not have hiking boots or winter jackets, the association will provide them for free upon request (please specify in the comments field if you need them).
- Free of charge snowshoes will be provided if necessary.
- During summer the temperatures are quite high, and it it can get pretty windy.
- We suggest that you bring sunscreen, wear summer clothes and bring a sweater or light jacket. Wear comfortable clothes and hiking boots, no sandals or flip-flops.
How to reach us
- Free pick-up service from Catania (and its neighbouring towns).
Booking terms and conditions
- The booking requires an advanced payment of 15% of the total price.
- Balance must be paid on-site by cash. Upon booking, you are kindly requested to specify name and address of your hotel for the pick-up service.
- The excursion route can change in case of adverse weather conditions.
- If this case, you can arrange a new date consistent with your availability or request a refund.
- Withdrawal allowed up to 48 hours before the service begins.
beauties of Sicily
Hiking Etna holidays - Organize a Sport & Adventure tour in Sicily and discover the fantastic offers of Off-road on sicilying.com
Sicily / Mount Etna
Off-road in Sicily
Sport & Adventure in Sicily