Mon - Tue and...
Mon - Tue - Wed - Thu - Fri
Min: 1 Person
You will spend a great time in the Plain of Licata. La Lumia Estate is set just there, where the river Salso flows into the sea. It covers a total area of 150 hectares, whose excellent Sicilian land is optimal for the vineyard cultivation thanks to its strong luminosity, its proximity to the sea and the strong temperature range between day and night.
The winery uses only grape varieties selected among the best in Sicily, like Nero d'Avola and Inzolia, from which it gets incredible wines known for their intensity as well as for their taste. The entire process of winemaking, from vinification to grape-processing, from aging to bottling, takes place here between the solid walls of the wonderful Arabian-style farmhouse.
In the Cellar you will taste top sicilian wines, partly produced according to very ancient winemaking-systems, developed in the 5th Century B.C. by the Rhodian-Cretan colons. Your Tour will wind across the vineyards, the "Baglio" and the cellar-museum, which contains old winemaking tools together with various rural-agricultural and military-historical finds and other discoveries belonging to the Sicilian aristocracy described in the book "The Leopard".
You will taste 2 wines coupled with typical sicilian food.
What is included
- Guided tour of Cellar, the "Baglio" and museum with multilingual guide. You will taste three wines together with local cheese, olives, breadsticks, bread and the so called moffoletti (typical Licata bread).
- Everything is not specified in the "include".
How to reach us
- The cellar is located in Contrada Casal Pozzillo, Licata (Agrigento), about 7 kilometers from the Licata center, on the Highway 123 and only 4 km from the freeway (State Route 115) leading from Syracuse or Agrigento to Caltagirone.
Booking terms and conditions
- It is required an advanced payment amounting to 30% of the total price. Balance shall be paid on site.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances. Withdrawal allowed up to 48 hours before the course scheduling.
Best wine in Sicily
Wine tasting Sicily - the best offers in Wine Tasting to organize a holiday of Cellars & Wineyards in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Agrigento
Wine Tasting in Sicily
Cellars & Vineyards in Sicily