Min: 2 People
Whether street food is your passion, or in fact you have no idea what it is, don't miss the chance to try the Street Food Tour of Palermo: a treat for all 5 senses.
Your guide will take you around the historic markets of Palermo, the "Mercato Del Capo" and the "Mercato di Ballarò", where, amongst the banter of the vendors and the city folklore, you will taste the authentic Palermo street food, such as bread with spleen "pane con la meusa" and bread with chickpea "panelle" and croquettes, "crocchè". The "panelle" is a local culinary speciality popular in Sicily and difficult to find beyond Palermo: fritters of chickpea flour deep-fried and sandwiched in bread.
You will continue your tasting with the "sfincione" (well-risen pizza bread garnished with tomato, olive oil, onion and anchovies).
Obviously your gastronomic tour can't be without the traditional Sicilian "arancine" with ragu or butter.
And then something sweet! You will taste the ricotta "cannolo" in a bar in the city centre.
What is included
- Street food tour of Palermo.
- Tasting of street food.
- Walking tour of the city.
- The food you will taste includes (sfincione, panelle, croquettes, arancina, pane con la milza).
- Soft beverages.
- Everything else that is not specified in the "included".
- You are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
How to reach us
- You will meet your guide in the city centre of Palermo, in Piazza Olivella, in front of the Salinas Archaeological Museum.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 15% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash on the day.
- In case of adverse weather conditions it is possible to re-schedule the activity.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances.
Palermo Tour: the most beautiful street food tour of Palermo with local guide
Sicily / Palermo
1-Day Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily