Min: 1 Person
- the most renowned locations in Sicily
- Tastes and perfumes of our tradition
- The mix of history, nature and folklore
- Many comforts
- Multilingual staff
Take part in an incredible 5-day tour of Sicily with new friends! Our tour of 5 days and 4 nights, departing from Palermo, is available from March to November, each Tuesday. The programmes is as follows:
Day 1 - Tuesday - PALERMO (hotel in Palermo)Arrival with own transport at the hotel in the fascinating city of Palermo (transfer service available on request). Meeting with your guide in the late afternoon, dinner and overnight stay in your accommodation.
Day 2 - Wednesday - MONREALE AND PALERMO (hotel in Palermo)
The morning will be dedicated to discovering the town of Monreale where you will visit the imposing Arab-Norman Cathedral. Then to Palermo for a guided tour of the old city centre, its churches, antique palaces and bustling quarters.En route there'll be a tasty gastronomic surprise at the historic Antica Focacceria S. Francesco, followed by a free lunch. After lunch it's time to admire the splendid Teatro Massimo and the much-discussed Fountain of Piazza Pretoria. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 - Thursday - CEFALU' AND CATANIA (hotel in Catania)
After breakfast you will depart for Cafalù, a fascinating maritime village, hosting a precious norman Cathedral. The tour will continue on to Catania, where after a break for lunch and some spare time, you will beging your city center tour admiring all of the Baroque style buildings declared patrimony of humanity by UNESCO. You will visit the Piazza Duomo, its splendid Cathedral and the Elehant in lava stone, symbol of the city. We will then move on to Piazza Università. Strolling around and about the city alleys you will visit Via dei Crociferi, the baroque heart of the city where is the San Benedetto Monastery, which became famous thanks to a novel by Verga "Storia di una Capinera". A visit to a city center bar will follow and you will taste the famous Granita with brioche. transfer for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 - Friday - ETNA AND TAORMINA (hotel in Catania)
After your breakfast you will quickly visit the "Pescheria" (the ancient fish market). After that you will leave the city and move towards Mount Etna, the tallest active volcano in Europe (3.350 mt) which has also been declare Patrimony of Humanity. Once you will arrive at the Sapienza Refuge you will get the hint about the wonder of this place. From the refuge you will move towards the Silvestri craters, ancient craters dating back to 1888 and now inactive but still surrounded by newer lava flows. Over the morning you will also get to taste the honey which is locally produced and several other typical local products. You will then leave towards Taormina, very renowned for its beautiful view on the gulf of Naxos. You will have some spare time to stroll around the city center medievals alleys. The day will conclude with the Riviera dei Ciclopi. Afterward you will get back to Catania for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 - Saturday - CATANIA
You tour with us ends here. Following the breakfast at the hotel our services end.
This tour allows you to visit the main locations on our fabulous island, count on us if you wish you could discover them in the most beautiful of ways!
What is included
- Multilingual authorised guide for the entire tour (from the evening of Day 1 until the evening of Day 4).
- Local guides and audio-guides when necessary.
- Gran Comfort Minibus (from Day 2 until the end of Day 4). Accommodation in elegant 4* hotels, generally in the centre of the towns. Half-board in the hotel or local restaurants (fixed menu dinner of 3 dishes to taste some of the classic dishes of Italian and Sicilian gastronomy. Drinks not included).
- 1 lunch in Marsala.
- Local product tasting: Palermo gastronomic surprise tasting of street food (Day 2), Marsala wine and food tasting (Day 3), Ragusa tasting of local foods (Day 4).
- Transfer to/from airport.
- Registration fee and medical/baggage insurance 25€ p.p.
- All the lunches apart from in Marsala on Day 3.
- Drinks at the meals.
- Entrance to the monuments and museums.
- Tourist tax (where necessary).
- Tips and general extras.
- Travel cancellation insurance upon request.
- Privilege package which includes: Superior/deluxe bedrooms, private transfer to/from airport, tourist tax, entrance fees to all museums on the programme. You can request this package as an extra at the time of booking.
- Cancellation travel insurance available upon request.
- Everything that is not mention in the "include" section.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 50% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid by credit card or bank transfer at least 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- If you cancel between 29-21 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 10% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 20-12 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 11-7 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6-4 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 70% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between with less than 3 days notice there will be no reimbursement.
5 days in Sicily: the must-see places in Sicily on a 5-day tour
Sicily / Sicily
Regular Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily