Min: 1 Person
- the most renowned locations in Sicily
- Tastes and perfumes of our tradition
- The mix of history, nature and folklore
- Many comforts
- Multilingual staff
Fancy sharing a 6-day tour of Sicily with new friends? Our tour of 6 days and 5 nights, departing from Catania, is available from March to November, each Saturday. The programmes is as follows:
Day 1 - Saturday - CATANIA (hotel in Catania) Arrival with own transport at the hotel in the fascinating city of Catania (transfer service available on request). Meeting with your guide in the late afternoon, dinner and overnight stay in your accommodation.
Day 2 - Sunday - SYRACUSE AND NOTO (hotel in Catania)First breakfast in the hotel, then off to Syracuse to visit the Neapolis Archaeological Park and the old town centre of Ortigia, where you'll discover the charm of Piazza Duomo, its beautiful Cathedral and the famous Aretusa fountain! It's then time to head to Noto, the capital of Sicilian Baroque rich with stunning buildings. Return to Catania for dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 - Monday - RAGUSA IBLA, MODICA AND PIAZZA ARMERINA (hotel in Agrigento) After abreakfast at the hotel, you will take off to Ragusa Ibla, cradle of the late baroque style with its marvellous churches and the Ibleo garden. Only in this city are present more than50 churches and several baroque palaces. Following, you will go to Modica, declared Patrimony of Humanity and home to other treasures of baroque architecture. During the visit you will also visit one of its very famous chocolate shops. You will visit the Palazzo Castro Polara Grimaldi daing back to 1600 which provides a unique view on the entire city. You will get back to our modern times in the cool gardens Orti di San Giorgio, seven gardens suspended in beauty and light and while tasting some delicious typical food you will also cherish the incredible landscape opening up before your eyes.
You will then continue on to Piazza Armerina and the afternoon is there dedicated to visit the splendid Roman Villa del Casale, dating back to the last Roman Empire and part of the Patrimony of UNESCO. It is a majestic villa that probably belonged to a leading figue in the Roman senate. It has a monumental entrance and several very large mosaic depicting hunting scenes as well as other episodes connected to mythology and every day life. At the end of your visit you will get transferred to Argigento for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 - Tuesday - AGRIGENTO, MARSALA AND SALINE (hotel in Palermo) The visit will start with the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, eclared Patrimony of the Humanity, where among the almond trees you will find the remains of the Akragas, which Pindar defined "the most beautiful city even built by mortals". You will admire the Temple of Juno, the Temple of Concord and that of Hercules. It is a path through mythology, history and nature. You will then leave Agrigento and move towards the charming city of Marsala. You will stroll around in the city center among the noble palaces, monumnets and baroque churches. We will then continue onto a guided visit of the cellars of Cantine Florio. From here you will gain acess to the tasting areas where we will stop for lunch and for a tasting of local wines. Following this experience we will move towards the Via del Sale in order to admire the Stagnone Island and the saltworks, which is a lagoon and also a natural reserve. To these days, the Marsala saltworks represent one of the most ancient salt industries in the world! In the evening you will arrive in Palermo for dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
Day 5 - Wednesday - MONREALE AND PALERMO (hotel in Marsala)The day begins with discovering the town of Monreale where you will visit the imposing Arab-Norman Cathedral, named as the 8th wonder of the world, and its stunning cloisters. Then to Palermo and its old town centre. En route there'll be a stop for a gastronomic surprise at the historic Antica Focacceria S. Francesco, followed by a free lunch. Free time. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 6 - Thursday - PALERMO
You tour with us ends here. Following the breakfast at the hotel our services end.
This tour allows you to visit the main locations on our fabulous island, count on us if you wish you could discover them in the most beautiful of ways!
What is included
- Multilingual authorised guide for the entire tour (from the evening of Day 1 until the evening of Day 5).
- Local guides and audio-guides when necessary.
- Deluxe Bus (from Day 2 until the end of Day 5).
- Accommodation in elegant 4* hotels, generally in the centre of the towns.
- Half-board in the hotel or local restaurants (fixed menu dinner of 3 dishes to taste some of the classic dishes of Italian and Sicilian gastronomy. Drinks not included).
- Light lunch in Modica and in Marsala.
- Local product tasting: Modica: tasting at the chocolate shop (Day 3); Marsala: Cantine Florio wine tasting (Day 4); Palermo gastronomic surprise tasting of street food (Day 5)
- Transfer to/from airport.
- Registration fee and medical/baggage insurance 25€ p.p.
- All the lunches except for in day 3 and day 4.
- Drinks at the meals.
- Entrance to the monuments and museums.
- Tourist tax (where necessary).
- Travel cancellation insurance upon request.
- Privilege package which includes: Superior/deluxe bedrooms, private transfer to/from airport, tourist tax, entrance fees to all museums on the programme.
- Cancellation travel insurance available upon request.
- Everything that is not mention in the "include" section.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 50% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid by credit card or bank transfer at least 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- If you cancel between 29-21 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 10% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 20-12 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 11-7 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6-4 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 70% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between with less than 3 days notice there will be no reimbursement.
6 days in Sicily:tour with guaranteed departure from Catania to discover the most beautiful places in Sicily
Sicily / Sicily
Regular Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily