> a week
Min: 1 Person
- Postcard landscapes
- The taste of tradition
- Fusion of history, nature and folklore
- Comfortable transfers and half board
- Multilingual staff
Would you like to take part in a 10-day tour of Sicily and the Eolian islands while also meeting new friends? Our tour of 10 days and 9 nights, departing from Catania, is available from April to September, each Saturday. Here is the trip schedule:
Day 1 - Saturday - CATANIA (hotel in Catania)Arrival with own transport at the hotel in the enchanting city of Catania. Meeting with your guide in the late afternoon, dinner and overnight stay in your accommodation.
Day 2 - Sunday - SYRACUSE AND NOTO (hotel in Ragusa) Breakfast at the hotel followed by a guided tour of Syracuse and the Neapolis Archaeological Park. You'll see the stunning Greek theatre, the Roman Ampitheatre, and then the Latomie of Paradise and Ear of Dionisio.The visit will continue with a visit of the historical city center of Ortigia where the harmony and beauty of Piazza Duomo, the Cathedral and the surronding buildings, exquisite exemple of Baroque style, will leave you in complete amazement. Wandering around we will also reach the harbour, near which is found the famous fountail of Aretusa. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon you will transfer to Noto, the capital of Sicilian Baroque, also called "the stone garden". You will visit Palazzo Nicolaci Villadorata, marvellous noble residence realised in a pure baroque style, it was once the hhome of Don Giacomo Nicolaci, a man of great culture. You will have time to take a walk around. Transfer to Ragusa for dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 - Monday - RAGUSA IBLA, MODICA, PIAZZA ARMERINA (hotel in Agrigento) After breakfast you will set off to Ragusa Ibla, perfect exemple of Sicilian late-baroque style. Following we will stop in Modica, a UNESCO world heritage site thanks to its numerous baroque treasures. While in Modica we will also visit one of the very famous chocolate stores in town. The viist will also include the tour of the 17th century Palazzo Castro Polara Grimaldi and the Orti San Giorgio, seven garden suspended in between pure beauty and light. Here, while tasting some of the local delicious dishes you will also be able to cherish the landscape.
Next stop will be Piazza Armerina, where in the afternoon you will visit the splendid Roman Villa del Casale, dating back to the late-imperial age, it might have belonged to a noble aristocrat senator. It presents a majestic entrance and also a very large mosaic depicting hunt scenes, diversions and also several other episodes linked to either mythology or everyday happenings. Transfer to the hotel in Agrigento, dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 - Tuesday - AGRIGENTO, MARSALA AND SALTWORKS (hotel in Palermo) The tour will start with the Valley of the Temples where you will cherish several temples: Juno, Concord and Hercules amongst others. It is a path through time history and nature. We will then move on to the charming town of Marsala, where Garibaldi disembarked in May 1860. The tour will take us to Cantine Florio, after a tour through the cellars you will gain access to the modern tasting area where you will have lunch while tasting the local wines. Following we will move towards the Via del Sale in order to admire the Stagnone Islands and also the saltworks, a lagoon which is also a natural reserve. Evening at the hotel with dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 - Wednesday - MONREALE AND PALERMO (hotel in Palermo)A morning transfer to Monreale where you will visit the imposing Arab-Norman Cathedral and stunning cloisters before continuing on to Palermo for a guided tour of the old city centre. Amongst others you'll see the Palatina Chapel, Martorana Church, the Cathedral, the Kalsa district, the Fountain of Piazza Pretoria and Teatro Massimo. En route there'll be a tasty gastronomic surprise at the historic Antica Focacceria S. Francesco, followed by a free lunch. After some free time in the afternoon, return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6 - Thursday - PALERMO AND FAVIGNANA (hotel in Favignana) Private transfer to the port of Trapani from which on hydrofoil we will reach Favignana, the capital of the Egadi islands and the largest of the archipelago. Afternoon free. Dinner in a local restaurant and overnight stay.
Day 7 - Friday - FAVIGNANA (hotel in Favignana)
In the morning departure from Favignana for a boat trip. We'll follow the coast, stopping in some of the most beautiful little coves to have a swim in the crystal clear waters. In the morning you will visit Cala Rossa and Cala Azzurra. Lunch on board the boat, and visit to Cala Rotonda in the afternoon. Return to the port of Favignana in the late afternoon. Dinner, overnight stay in hotel.
Day 8 - Saturday - FAVIGNANA(hotel in Favignana)
Free time to discover Favignana. Dinner in a local restaurant and overnight stay.
Day 9 - Sunday - FAVIGNANA AND TRAPANI (hotel in Trapani)
A free morning and then boarding for Trapani. An afternoon in the charming centre of Trapani, known as the city of 100 churches and famous for its Coral Museum. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 10 - Monday - TRAPANI Breakfest in the hotel and the tour has come to its end!
This tour will alllow you to reach some of the most appealing sites of Sicily. Count on us to discover eveything in the best way ever!
What is included
- Multilingual authorised guide for the entire tour (from the evening of Day 1 until the evening of Day 5).
- Local guides and audio-guides when necessary.
- Gran Comfort Minibus (from Day 2 until the end of Day 5). Accommodation in elegant 4* hotels, generally in the centre of the towns. Half-board in the hotel or local restaurants (fixed menu dinner of 3 dishes to taste some of the classic dishes of Italian and Sicilian gastronomy. Drinks not included).
- 2 lunches: 3rd day light lunch in Modica; 4th day Cantine Florio in Marsala.
- Typical products tasting: Modica /3rd day) visit to the chocolate factory and tasting; Marsala (4th day) Cantine Florio visit and wine tasting; Palermo (5th day) gastronomical surprise with street food tasting.
- Visits and activities as in program.
- Private transfer Palermo hotel - Trapani port, Trapani port - Trapani hotel. Entrance fee to the Egadi islands.
- Hydrofoil return Trapani/Favignana/Trapani.
- Transfer to/from airport.
- Registration fee and medical/baggage insurance 25€ p.p.
- All the lunches apart from those on Day 3, 4 and 7. Drinks at the meals.
- Entrance to the monuments and museums.
- Tourist tax (where necessary).
- Tips and general extras.
- Travel cancellation insurance upon request.
- Privilege package which includes: Superior/deluxe bedrooms, private transfer to/from airport, tourist tax, entrance fees to all museums on the programme. You can request this package as an extra at the time of booking.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 50% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid by credit card or bank transfer at least 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- Concerning the connections with the islands, the company is not responsible for eventual diruptions linked to the weather conditions.
- If you cancel between 29-21 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 10% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 20-12 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 11-7 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6-4 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 70% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between with less than 3 days notice there will be no reimbursement.
10 days in Sicily: 10 days discovery tour of Sicily and the Egadi Islands
Sicily / Sicily
Regular Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily