> a week
Min: 1 Person
- Some of the most appealing places in Sicily
- Tastes and perfumes of the tradition
- The fusion of nature, history and folklore
- Many comforts all included
- Multilingual staff
Would you like to share with new friends a 9-day tour of Sicily and the Eolian islands? Our tour of 9 days and 8 nights, departing from Palermo, is available from April to October, each Tuesday. The programmes is as follows:
Day 1 - Tuesday - PALERMO (hotel in Palermo)
Arrival with own transport at the hotel in the fascinating city of Palermo (transfer service available on request). Meeting with your guide in the late afternoon, dinner and overnight stay in your accommodation.
Day 2 - Wednesday - MONREALE AND PALERMO (hotel in Palermo)
After breakfast in the hotel, the morning will be dedicated to discovering the town of Monreale where you will visit the imposing Arab-Norman Cathedral, the eighth wonder of the world. Continuing on to Palermo for a guided tour of the old city. Amongst the monuments to see, don't miss the beautiful Cathedral, the Martorana Church, a wonderful example of Medieval Byzantine architecture in Italy, and the Palatina Chapel. En route there'll be a tasty visit to the historic Antica Focacceria S. Francesco, followed by a free lunch. After lunch it's time to admire the splendid Teatro Massimo and the much-discussed Fountain of Piazza Pretoria, adorned with 16th Century sculptures and located on the edge of the ancient Kalsa district. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3 - Thursday - CEFALU AND CATANIA (hotel in Catania) After breakfast you will get going towards Cefalù, a fascinating marine village with a middleage taste. You will be able to stroll by the city centre and there is the possibility for those who want to also visit the famous Museum Madralisca. The tour will carry on going back to Catania and after a lunch break you will be able to visit the cuty centre and its Baroque style. You will cross the scenographic Piazza del Duomo with its incredible Cathedral and the lavic stone Elephant (symbol of the city) to then carry on to Piazza Università. Strolling around the city alleys you will visit via Crociferi, baroque heart of the city where the Monastery of San Benedetto is. We will take a break in a bar of the city centre in order to taste the famous granita and its brioche. Hotel accomodation and dinner.
Day 4 - Friday - ETNA AND TAORMINA (hotel in Catania)
After breakfast you will leave for a quick trip to the "pescheria" (ancient fish market place) and right after you will be on to your next adventure discovering Etna, the tallest most active volcano in Europe (3.350 mt) and declared Patrimony of Humanity by the Unesco. You will beging to see interesting landscapes as you arrive at the Sapienza Lodge. From there you will reach the the Silvestri craters, ancient volcanic cones dating back to 1888, now inactive, and surrounded by more recent lava flows. You will then carry on towards Taormina where you will have free time over lunch. Following you have a viist to the Greek-Roman Theatre from which you will enjoy a breathtaking landscape of the Naxos Gulf. You will also have some spare time to just walk around the charming streets of the city centre. The day will fold with a panoramic view on the Cyclops River. Return to the hotel in catania. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 - Satuday - CATANIA AND LIPARI (hotel in Lipari)
The tour continues to the Eolian islands. After breakfast, private transfer to Milazzo to board the hydrofoil for Lipari. Arrival and transfer to a 4* hotel. Free afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6 - Sunday - LIPARI AND SALINA (hotel in Lipari)
After breakfast in the accommodation the day will be dedicated to discovering the most beautiful coves of Lipari and lush green Salina. After leaving Lipari Castle, Monte Rosa and Canneto, we'll run along the coast to Acquacalda and then towards Salina. The first stop will be Santa Marina di Salina, the most important municipality of the island with its splendid Santa Marina little church and its ancient majolica. Then some free time to do some shopping of local produce, such as capers and the liquor wine 'Malvasia'. Once having followed the eatern side of the island we'll stop for a dip in the stunning bay of Pollara, made famous in the Massimo Troisi fim 'Il Postino'. Then another stop at Lingua, a little fishing village which offers, beyond lovely little restaurants and gorgeous coves, a salt water lake, which gave the island its name. On our way home you'll have the chance to see the beautiful caves of Lipari and then one last swim at Vinci beach, in front of the rock stacks. Return to Lipari in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 7 - Monday - PANAREA AND STROMBOLI (hotel in Lipari)
After breakfast in the hotel departure from the port of Lipari for a full day excursion to Panarea and Stromboli. But just before leaving Lipari, a quick stop at the Pomice cave. We'll then head to Panarea where we'll visit the natural bay of Calajunco and then stop at Cala Zimmari. Then it's time to go on a panoramic trip around the little islands, visiting the Grotto of the Lovers before reaching the port. Here we'll lunch and there's time to stroll through the charming alleyways and visit the prehistoric village. Heading then in the direction of Stromboli, passing by lots of little islands and the village of Ginostra. Once on the island, dinner and the chance to have a look around the shops and gardens, or have a dip in the cobalt blue sea. During the various stops for swimming you'll have the chance to really enjoy the marine environment, the beaches and the volcanic caves. At sunset it's time to visit Strombolicchio, a mammoth rock, and then under the slope of fire, to watch the incredible explosions that this volcano never fails to deliver.
Day 8 - Tuesday - LIPARI AND TAORMINA (hotel in Taormina)
After breakfast in the hotel, boarding the hydrofoil for Milazzo. Private transfer for Taormina, defined by Goethe "paradise on earth". You will cherish this medieval village, its historical monuments, the colors and perfumes of the mediterranean vegetation. Take time to relax by the sea and spoil yourself with some local craftmanship product. We advise you also to visit the Isola Bella one of the most incredible beaches in Sicily. Following are dinner and overnight stay.
Day 9 - Wednesday - TAORMINA
Breakfest in the hotel and the tour has come to its end! Private transfers to the airport or other destinations available as an extra.
This tour will allow you to reach some of the most suggestive spots in Sicily. Count on us to discover help you discover in the best possible way!
What is included
- Multilingual authorised guide for the entire tour (from the evening of Day 1 until the evening of Day 4). Deluxe bus from 2nd to 4th day. Local guides and audio-guides when necessary.
- Accommodation in elegant 4* hotels. Half-board in the hotel or local restaurants (fixed menu dinner of 3 dishes to taste some of the classic dishes of Italian and Sicilian gastronomy. Drinks not included). Typical product tasting in : Palermo (day 2); gastronomical suprirse, street food (Catania day 3); Sicilian granita with brioche; honey and typical product tasting on Etna.
- Private transfer hotel in Catanua to Milazzo harbour. Private transfer from the Milazzo harbour to Taormina.
- Aeolian Islands: 2 dinners and one lunch (drinks are excluded).
- A packed lunch is planned, instead of dinner, for the Panarea/Stromboli day.
- Escursions and transfers as described. Entrance fees to the Eolian islands. Private transfers Lipari Harbour to Lipari Hotel.
- Return Trip Milazzo/Lipari. Boat Excursion without guide Lipari-Salina or Vulcano. Group excursion without guide Panarea-Stromboli.
- Eolian island guide.
- Registration fee and medical/baggage insurance 25€ p.p.
- Transfer to/from airport.
- All the lunches (except in Marsala)
- Drinks at the meals.
- Entrance to the monuments and museums.
- Tourist tax (where necessary).
- Tips and general extras.
- Travel cancellation insurance upon request. Privilege package which includes: Superior/deluxe bedrooms, private transfer to/from airport, tourist tax, entrance fees to all museums on the programme. You can request this package as an extra at the time of booking.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 50% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid by credit card or bank transfer at least 30 days before the commencement of the tour.
- The company is not responsible for any possible change or disruption, due to meteorological causes, concerning the connection services with the islands.
- If you cancel between 29-21 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 10% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 20-12 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 11-7 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6-4 working days in advance of the scheduled commencement of the tour, there is a 70% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between with less than 3 days notice there will be no reimbursement.
Sicily tour packages: discovering Sicily and the Aeolian Islands with a guaranteed departure tour
Sicily / Sicily
Regular Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily