Min: 2 People
For lovers of good food and authentic traditions, a cooking class followed by a tasting of the wines produced at the winery where you will be guests.
You will try your hand at preparing 'arancini' fried rice balls, a traditional street food in Sicily. You will discover the history of this food and how it became a "must" for us. Through a cooking demo the chef will show you how all the ingredients come together. And then it's your turn - obviously with a bit of help from our chef! And then you can try the arancini alongside a tasting of 2 wines. The tasting will also include other typical foods of the region.
Cooking class: work with the chef in all the steps of the preparation of arancini (participants will not be involved in using the oven or hobs). Guided tasting of wine and traditional foods with a sommelier: 2 wines,black and green olives, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms in oil, salami from Brolo, 2 types of cheese, patè, orange and mandarin marmalade, 'cunzato' bread.
What is included
- Cooking lesson.
- Tasting of 2 wines and local traditional foods.
- Everything that is not specified in the "include".
How to reach us
- The winery Tenute Mannino is located in Strada Statale 417 km 88, Contrada Juncetto (CT), a few kilometres from Catania city centre, the airport and the port of Catania.
Booking terms and conditions
- An advance payment of 100% of the total amount is required for the reservation.
- For cancellations made more than 48 hours before service begins you will be reimbursed 80% and we will withold 20% as a cancellation charge.
- For cancellations made with less notice, you will be charged 50% of the total amount.
Sicilian food and wine sicily cooking vacation
Cooking classes Catania - the best offers in Savoury Recipes to organize a holiday of Cooking School in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Catania
Savoury Recipes in Sicily
Cooking Classes in Sicily