Min: 2 People
You can make yours the highest volcano in Europe thanks to this guided tour that will disclose its history and its unforgettable eruptive activity. For your convenience we offer you a free pick-up service from your hotel in Catania, Syracuse and Taormina.
We will go up by minibus along "Mareneve" road until we reach Etna Nord in Piano Provenzana. During the trip we will see different types of woods that change according to altitude, in particular the Etna’s birch wood, extending only on this side (1600 m - 1760 m a.s.l.). Here we will stop to visit Grotta della Neve, a perfect example of lava tunnel, famous for its economic importance related to snow storage and sale. After visiting the cave, we will reach the path that leads to craters dating back to 1865 eruption and visit Monti Sartori, an eruptive fissure inside Birch Wood which formed the so called “bottoniera” of mounds as well as an extended lava flow. After the trip you will reach Etna Nord in Piano di Provenzana at 1820 meters a.s.l. through the new road built after the disastrous eruption of 2002. After the trip we will drive back until we get to the Strada Provinciale connecting Fornazzo and Linguaglossa, where we will stop for a visit to Gambino winery and taste Etna wines with local food pairings.
Duration: pick-up at 8:30. Return is scheduled at 18:00.
Pick-up: it is included and covers the cities of Catania and Taormina.
What is included
- Guided excursion to Mount Etna with a visit to the winery and wine tasting. Free pick-up from your accommodation in Catania and Taormina. Guided tour with a multilingual naturalistic guide (A.I.G.A.E.). Tasting of typical products. Means of transport: minibus. Snowshoes are provided in winter time
- Everything that is not specified the “include field.
- Clothing equipment: It is recommended to dress in layers in order to fit in all weather conditions and climate. Recommended equipment: windbreaker, hiking shoes, backpack containing waterproof coat and pants, water bottle, sunscreen, hat, fleece clothing, a possible change that you can leave in the minibus.
How to reach us
- Free pick-up service within the city of Catania and Taormina.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation payment of the full amount is required.
- The tour can be modified and/or cancelled, at the discretion of the organizer, for reasons of force majeure such as adverse weather conditions, traffic condition, landslides, mudslides, floods in all or part of the hiking trails sites, unsuitable health condition of one or more participants; unsuitable volcanological conditions. In all mentioned above cases, the organizer will not reimburse customers for changes applied to all or part of the services. Customers may directly plan with the organizer a new date at no additional cost.
- In the case of withdrawal before 24h or on the day of the event the amount paid will not be reimbursed. In the case of withdrawal before 48h, will be reimbursed just 60% of the amount paid.
places to see Sicily
Trekking Etna - choose a package in Nature to not quit Mt Etna during your holiday in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Mount Etna
Mt Etna Tours in Sicily
Nature in Sicily