Min: 2 People
We offer you and exclusive private cooking class in the heart of Catania focused on traditional Sicilian cuisine, followed by an unforgettable tasting of the prepared dishes
Chef Fiorella will teach all the secrets of real homemade Sicilian cuisine that are typically only passed down from generation to generation. Together you will prepare a menu that will include one first course and one second course. You can choose between two different menu options:
Menu 1: You will try your hand at preparing 'pasta alla norma', a must in Sicilian cuisine, with its fresh sauce base, basil, aubergines, and a delicate touch of savory ricotta cheese. For the second course you will prepare cutlet 'alla catanese'.
Menu 2: Try your hand at preparing pasta and 'pesto alla trapanese', an ancient condiment carried to Trapani by Ligurian mariners, which was then transformed by Trapanese mariners using ingredients from their own territory, like almonds and tomatoes. For the second course of the meal you'll prepare the famous 'sarde a beccafico'!
After the preparation of the two courses, you'll get to delight in a tasting of all that you've worked together to prepare.
As a memento of this special day, the chef will award you a certificate of participation along with a list of ingredients and materials relative to the recipes prepared.
Duration: approx. 3 hours.
What is included
- Sicilian cuisine cooking lesson (a first course and second course).
- A glass of wine.
- Ingredients and cooking materials.
- Certificate of participation.
- Other drinks.
- Preparation of ricotta cannoli (€ 15 per person).
- Everything that is not specified under the heading "included".
How to reach us
- The cooking school is found in Catania at, Piazza San Domenico 30, 95124 Catania CT.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation, a prepaid deposit of 30% of the total amount is required. The remaining balance will be paid directly on the spot in cash.
- All recipes may be modified depending upon availability and seasonality of produce.
- We ask that you please communicate beforehand any food intolerance and/or food allergies you may have.
- Withdrawal is allowed up to 5 days before the service.
- Withdrawal at 4 days or less leading up to the experience, will result in the loss of the deposit paid at booking.
Visit Catania - the best offers in Sicilian Cooking Class to organize a holiday of Cooking School in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Catania
Sicilian Cooking Class in Sicily
Cooking Classes in Sicily