Mon - Tue and...
Mon - Tue - Wed - Thu - Fri - Sat
Min: 2 People
A proper "full immersion" in the sicilian gastronomy in which the Ortygia market will be the real star.
You will meet with your guide at the Apollo Temple and together you will proceed towards the Ortygia Market. Here the charm of the Sicilian perfumes and flavours will work its magic! At the market there is any kind of product from cheese to wine, fish or spices and also jams - everything locally produced. It will be a real travel through the taste and traditions.
You can choose among two itineraries:
MEAT-BASED STREET FOOD: You will start with a tasting of Sicilian cold cuts and cheeses at one of the most famous dairies in the area. You will then continue with a tasting of typical local dishes and finally, to make things sweeter, a variety of Sicilian sweets including cannolo, almond biscuits and granitas.
Duration: 2.5/3 h
What is included
- Market tour with local guide.
- Meat street food, both includes 3 culinary steps.
- Drinks included at each step (water, wine, liquor).
- Drinks not included in menu.
- Everything else that is not specified in the "included".
How to reach us
- By car: the meeting point is easy to reach from Catania in about 1 hour. Once you arrive in Ortygia you can park in the blue striped parking spots or in one of the private parking lots.
- By bus: you can reach the meeting point from Catania with the Interbus-Etna transports company.
- Private transfer: It is possible to organise a private transfer upon request, the driver will wait for you until the end of you activity. Contact us in order to have a personalised quote.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 15% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash on the day.
- In the case of adverse weather conditions which do not allow for the carrying out of the tour, you will be able to arrange another date directly with the organiser.
- The menus can change according to the season. Please inform us ahead of time if you have any allergy.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances.
Siracusa tour: what to see in Siracusa in one day by a beautiful photo tour and a professional photographer
Sicily / Syracuse
1-Day Tours in Sicily
Cities of Art in Sicily