Min: 2 People
If you're naturally curious and a nature lover, you have no excuse .. Let yourself be guided along paths of great beauty for a day trip between the Peloritani and Nebrodi mountains.
The hike starts from the Rocche dell Argimusco plateau, amid gigantic varied shaped megaliths created by rain erosion and as dicovered in recent studies, shaped by man in pre-history. There are views of the Eolian islands, the Siclian Apennines ridges and the eastern slopes of the mighty Mount Etna. We'll then go to the Malabotta woods, a nature reserve that keeps unspoilt, part of the primitive leafy forest which covered most of Sicliy in ancient times. Finally, we'll visit the medieval village of Montalbano Elicona, which is listed as one of the most beautiful medieval villages in Italy.
Duration: 9:00 am to 18:00
Elevation gain: 180 m. Elevation loss: 180 m.
Hiking time: about 4 hours.
Packed lunch: included
What is included
- Guided Hiking Tour with multilingual naturalistic guide (belonging to the A.I.G.A.E., Italian Association for Professional Nature and Walking Guides)
- We provide a pick-up service from your accommodation or collection point and back (for the list of places covered by the service refer to "how to reach us" field). Upon booking please note the site where you need to be picked up.
- Means of transport: minibus. Rate includes a packed lunch (sandwiches). In wintertime we provide ski poles that may help you.
- Everything that is not specified in the "include".
- We recommend layered clothing that is ideal for all weather conditions.
- Optional equipment: wind stopper, hiking shoes, backpack containing rain-jacket and rain-pants, water-bottle, sunscreen, hat, batteries, eventually a change of clothes that you can leave in the minibus.
How to reach us
- The pick-up service (two way) is possible from and to all accommodations facilities in the towns of: Catania city, Misterbianco, Mascalucia, Gravina di Catania, S.Giovanni La Punta, Tremestieri etneo, Aci Castello, Aci Trezza, Pedara, San Gregorio di Catania, Trecastagni, Sant'Agata li Battiati, Zafferana Etnea, Santa Venerina, Viagrande, Valverde, Nicolosi.
Booking terms and conditions
- It is required an advanced payment amounting to 20% of the total price. Balance shall be paid on site.
- In case of bad weather conditions, if the organizer considers inappropriate/unsafe to operate the service, you will agree a new date with your guide. If it will not be possible to arrange a new date, you will be refunded.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances. Cancellations are permitted until 48 hours before departure. Down payment is not refundable.
Live the experience in the nature
Hiking in Italy - choose a package in Nature to not quit Hiking during your holiday in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Nebrodi Park
Hiking in Sicily
Nature in Sicily