Min: 1 Person
- Exceptional view of the summit craters
- Privileged view of the Bove Valley
- Postcard-perfect scenery
- Authorised guides at your disposal
- Cableway ticket included
Enjoy with us the incredible experience of trekking on the most active European volcano!
After a brief introduction by the guide that will accompany you, you will together take the cable car at the Rifugio Sapienza (1910mt) in order to reach an altitude of 2500mt.
You will start here climbing toward the crater of the 2001 eruption and the moon-like landscape that marks out the area. This crater has given life to one of the strongest eruptions of this millennium!
You will then carry on exploring on your hike towards the Belvedere on the Valle del Bove, considered the best panoramic spot on Mount Etna at an altitude of 2750 mt on a dazzling volcanic depression dating back to 64000 years ago!
Here you will take a break to cherish the surroundings, take a few pictures and simply admire the landscape as from up there you are able to see the coast from Taormina until Syracuse. Also, from here you have a privileged view on the summit craters and their constant emission of gases and water vapours.
You will then continue on to visiting a crater depression called the Cisternazza and finally you will march back to 2500 mt and take the cable car back to the Rifugio Sapienza.
Start time: 09:00
Duration: about 4 hours
Trek duration climbing up: 1 hour
Trek duration descending: 40 minutes
Tour suitable for adults and children. The excursion is absolutely forbidden for cardiac, asthmatic and hypertensive patients.
What is included
- Cable car, return trip from 1900mt to 2500mt.
- Equipment: windbreaker, helmet and sticks.
- Pick up from Catania (on request to select as extra)
- Everything that is not specifies in the "included" section.
- For excursions we recommend participants to wear: hiking shoes, backpack, bottle of water, snacks, wool hat, gloves, waterproof jacket.
How to reach us
- The meeting point with the guide is at the Piazza Rifugio Sapienza, 95030 Nicolosi, CT.
- By car: you can reach the meeting point from Catania in about 1 hour. Take the exit Gravina and keep following the indications towards Nicolosi - Etna Sud (SP92).
- By train: in order to reach the meeting point, arrive at the central station in Catania and take the AST bus in Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII.
- By bus: You can reach the meeting point from Catania, reach out for information to the AST bus company.
- Private transfer: it is possible to organise a private transfer upon request. the driver will wait for through the entire duration of the activity. Please, contact us for a personalised estimate.
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation it is required a downpayment of the 100% of the total cost.
- People affected by cardiopathic diseases, ashtma and hypertension are not allowed on tour.
- There are no age limits for children.
- This tour can be modified or cancelled following the unappealable decision of the organizer barring exceptional circumstances such as: bad weather conditions, alteration of the state of roads, rock-falls, landslides, flooding on a part or on the total area of the paths, bad medical conditions of one or more participants, unfavourable volcanic conditions.
- In the case of withdrawal from the event the amount paid will not be reimbursed.
guide visit volcano
hiking Etna - the best offers in Mt Etna to organize a holiday of Nature in Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Mount Etna
Mt Etna Tours in Sicily
Nature in Sicily