Min: 1 Person
The cave of the three levels, at an altitude of 1630m, is one of the largest lava caves in the world. The cave, close to the town of Zafferana Etnea, near Catania, is not open to all, but can only be visited with a specialist guide and the right equipment. The cave owes its name to the three superimposed galleries that make it the deepest cave of Etna: indeed 304 metres deep below ground level!
You will explore this cave with an expert guide at your side, and you will experience the emotions as you descend its three levels with the help of well-secured ropes.
The tour begins with the kitting-out of the participants who will be provided with bodysuits, harnesses, helmets and headlamps. After a short briefing, in which you will be explained the techniques of descent with ropes and how to progress safely, the tour begins!
On request it is possible to organise a pick-up from your hotel for a small supplement based on the distance from the accommodation to the meeting point.
What is included
- Rental of bodysuit, helmet, harness and lamp.
- Everything that is not specified in the "include".
- Hiking boots or trainers, long trousers, fleece jacket or similar.
How to reach us
- Meeting Point: Piazza Umberto, Zafferana Etnea (Catania).
Booking terms and conditions
- To make a reservation a prepayment of 20% of the total is required. The outstanding balance must be paid in cash on the day of the tour.
- In the case of adverse weather conditions that do not allow us to carry out the tour, it will be possible to schedule a new date directly with the organiser.
- The deposit paid upon booking is not refundable under any circumstances. Withdrawal allowed up until 48 hours before the service.
Trekking Etna - Choose A Package In Nature To Not Quit Mt Etna Tours During Yout Holiday In Sicily, Italy
Sicily / Mount Etna
Mt Etna Tours in Sicily
Nature in Sicily