Min: 2 People
Take part in an Eco-Touristic itinerary having the aim of spreading the culture of the ancient Sicilian farming tradition about the most representative cultivation: the Orange.
A skilled staff will describe you the different kind of citrus, their periodicity, the different production techniques depending on the species as well as the various treatments to take care about plants during the year, from irrigation to collection.
From December to Avril you will have the chance to pick up the fruits from citrus grove and eat them directly on site surrounded by the orange and citrus trees and the wonderful smell.
Then, the wine tasting will take place inside an palmento dated back to 1800, one of the most ancient in this area and still perfectly preserved.
Your Eco-Touristic experience will consist of:
Eco-touristic Orange Plantation Itinerary. It's a guided tour of the citrus grove accompanied by a skilled staff, orange collection (from December to Avril).
Wine tasting. 3 wines produced by the local farm, products in olive oil (black olives, green olives, dried tomatoes, little mushrooms), Salami of Brolo, 2 kind of cheese, Patè Sicilian smells, Marmalade (orange and tangerine), "Cunzato" bread (bread filled with tasty ingredients such as olive oil, pepper and cheese).
What is included
- Eco-Touristic Itinerary.
- Wine tasting as described above.
- Everything that is not specified in the "include".
How to reach us
- The winery Tenute Mannino is located in Strada Statale 417 km 88 Contrada Juncetto (CT), few kilometers from Catania city center, the Airport and the Port of Catania.
Booking terms and conditions
- An advance payment of 100% of the total amount is required for the reservation.
- More than 48 hours before service begins you will be charged 20% of the total amount.
- Less than 48 hours before service begins, you will be charged 50% of the total amount.
Oranges of Sicily
Wine tasting Catania holidays - Organize a Cellars & Wineyards tour in Sicily and discover the fantastic offers of Wine Tasting on sicilying.com
Sicily / Catania
Wine Tasting in Sicily
Cellars & Vineyards in Sicily